Ni-Tamago (Lava Eggs) Recipe

How do you like your eggs? Different people like their eggs done differently. I love boiled eggs with yolks in their glorious gooey form.

Here’s the recipe for Ni-Tamago Enjoy!

NI-TAMAGO (LAVA EGGS)

Ingredients:
  • 4 eggs (or any number of eggs you want)
  • 4 tablespoon soy sauce ( I did not follow I estimate with the water level to taste)
  • 4 tablespoon mirin (I replace it with sugar)
  • 12 tablespoon water ( I did not follow I estimate the water level that can cover the egg)
Method:
  1. Mix soy sauce, sugar and water together in a small pot. Bring to boil then remove from heat and set aside to let it cool.
  2. Keep the eggs in the refrigerator until you are ready to cook them.
  3. In a separate pot, add water (enough to cover eggs) and bring to boil. Once the water comes to a rolling boil, take the eggs out of the fridge and gently put them in the pot of boiling water. Boil the eggs for 7 minutes. I use 7 min and the yolk is not so lava so I will suggest you try for 6 min.
  4. Remove pot from heat, drain and transfer the eggs into a pot of ice water. Leave the eggs in the ice water bath for 30 minutes.
  5. Carefully peel the shell of the eggs and leave them to soak in the soy sauce mixture, turning occasionally, for at least 4 hours, or overnight if you can.
  6. Carefully cut the eggs in half and serve with your favorite ramen 

Below is the image I have cooked out the Ni-Tamago and the looks of it. I hope you love it and enjoy your try while cooking this easy Ni-Tamago.











There you go my Ni-Tamago ( Egg Lava). So yummy and tenderly soft.


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Your Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

wibiya widget


up